Hyderabad calling! 5 things to do when in Hyderabad
Everything’s fast and exciting in Hyderabad. We list 5 things to do on your next visit.
Hyderabad, the city of pearls, palaces, forts, and biryani, is full of history, heritage, and tradition. It has already caught up with Bengaluru and Chennai in the race for becoming the IT capital of India. With giants like Microsoft, Google, and Facebook locating their India headquarters here, Hyderabad has rightly earned the nickname – Cyberabad.
Here are 5 things you must do when you visit Hyderabad:
- Hussain Sagar Lake and Necklace Road – What Marine drive is to Mumbai, Necklace road is to Hyderabad. Hussain Sagaris a necklace shaped lake with many lovely gardens surrounding it. Gorge on delicious food at the eateries or indulge in fun activities and leisureboat rideson the lake. One of the world’s tallest monoliths of the Buddha stands in the middle of the lake is an iconic sight in itself. The beautiful and serene Birla Mandir also overlooks the picturesque Hussain Sagar. There are many other lakes and parks in and around the city – Osmansagar lake, Shamirpet lake, and Himayatsagar to name a few.
- Historical Places –Hyderabad is packed with historical places, such as the Falaknuma palace which is a testimony to the glory of the Nizams. The Salar Jung Museum is one of the largest museums in the world and it is located in Hyderabad. The Qutb Shahi tombs, Chowmahallah Palace,Mecca Masjid – the list goes on and on. Don’t forget to watch the unique light and sound show at the Golconda fort. History buffs from all over flock to this city, so don’t forget to book your hotels and flights in advance. Flights from major cities are frequent, and Delhi to Hyderabad flights get sold out fast.
- Charminar – The most prominent landmark of Hyderabad was built in the Indo-Islamic style. It is breathtakingly beautiful when illuminated in the evening. Marvel at its splendid architecture, and revel at the sight of bustling streets of Laad bazar, the colourful shopping centre, famous for glass and stone-studded ethnic bangles.
- Ramoji Film City: Known as the world’s largest integrated film city and India’s only thematic holiday destination, Ramoji Film city is one of its kind in the country. Filled with cinematic magic, entertainment and fun activities, you can spend the whole day here.
- Shoppingand eating – If you want to take back souvenirs, do buy Hyderabadi pearl jewellery from authentic stores. There is no dearth of modern shopping malls and entertainment centres. Meanwhile, sample the famous Hyderabadi biryani, a perfect blend of aromatic spices and fragrant rice. There are many who would book a flight from Delhi to Hyderabad just for the biryani. Paradise biriyani is particularly famous for serving authentic Hyderabadi biryani.
If you have a Delhi to Hyderabad flight, you would certainly love the journey from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport to the city. The Outer Ring Road connecting the airport to the city makes for a wonderful drive!
Keyword: Delhi to Hyderabad flights