My Wash’n’Go Styling Guide: This is my go-to style. It’s easy and quick. Doesn’t need a lot of manipulation and can last for days.
1. Wash hair using cleanser of choice (I only use the cleanse 1-2x each week)
2. Put on conditioner and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes.
5. Plop for 5-10 minutes. What is plopping? Wrapping your hair in a t-shirt (or in my case an oversized nightgown that was never worn) rather than a towel. It’s an absorbent fabric, but since its smooth it doesn’t snag on your curls the way the naps on a towel would.
6. Grab a few duck bill clips section out a small piece of real estate next to your left ear.
7. Emulsify a bit of the product (about a nickel sized amount) and smooth onto the small section of hair. Moderately finger comb if needed, but do not comb-comb. The key is smoooooothing the product on.
8. Use comb to distribute moisturizer, leave – in conditioner or 3-in-1 product through entire section. The combing of the product through also doubles as my weekly detangling, so its doing two steps in one! Note that it makes it super key to have a product for this part with a lot of slip.
9. Repeat until your entire head is done.
10. Shake your head VIGOROUSLY to see how its looking
11. If you’re using a gel (or other styler) on top of a leave in, apply it and using your fingers to rake through your hair and clump the curls back together that the combing might have broken up. If you’re using a 3-in-1 product, you can just rake the product through.
12. If you’d like you can sit beneath a hooded dryer to speed up the drying process. Or just let it air dry!
13. At night-time, separate head into even sections and secure with scrunchies. The scrunchies help stretch the roots and keep the ends defined. Put on a satin bonnet. In the morning, remove the scrunchies and fluff with fingers to fill in the parts. Apply a moisturizer if you’d like and be on your merry way!