It’s Complicated LIVE! Wrap Up + Gallery
I knew It’s Complicated LIVE! was going to be a great event going into it, but what I wasn’t expecting was just how much dang fun it was going to be! I know that I can speak for the entire audience in saying that It’s Complicated LIVE! was laugh out loud FUNNY! I mean, I was totes LOL’ing the whole time. Paul C. Brunson did a wonderful job of bringing his extremely insightful book to live in a unique engaging way that had people up on their feet, making new friends, and learning all about creating and maintaining deep meaningful connections.
Bloomindale’s was an awesome host, providing us with delicious mocktails and some of the BEST salted caramel chocolate treats I’ve ever seen. And talk about fashion inspiration—everywhere you turned were beautiful items, artfully displayed. I even got to experience a bit of it myself, but more on that later on. It definitely reminded me that I need to style hunt in the land of Medium Brown Bags more often!
I also loved —and I think Paul did too–how attendees brought a unique Bay Area vibe to the create a truly memorable event. (#youknowyouareinSanFranciscowhen: you have to clarify what kind of smoke is acceptable in a partner and then make sure they can wind. The rumors are true people.)
Now, at this point you’re probably wondering what sort of knowledge Mr. Brunson, “The Real Life Hitch” dropped on us when it came to his expertise in finding your match[es]. Well, no big deal, but he shared with us The Secret to Matchmaking . Yep, so all of us who were there are now clued into the great big mystery that is finding a partner. Lucky for you, I’m in a sharing mood today so I will let you in on the aforementioned secrecy.
Paul C. Brunson’s Secrets to Matchmaking
Okay, listen up! There are four keys to helping YOU find a perfect romantic match, and if not a romantic match, then at the very least a good friend. Contrary to popular belief, it has very little to do with the understanding the other person, but instead, looking inward and doing some self assessment on the following areas called your “Relationship Vitals”:
1. YOUR VALUES: Knowing what’s most important to you will allow you to find those same qualities in a partner. Shared values can make for a stronger partnership.
2. PERSONALITY TYPE:There are four main personality types:
- Analyzer: primarily concerned with being right; objective in views; rules and standards important
- Controller: concerned with the “end game”, self-starters and make decisions quickly
- Supporter: loyal, group-identified, dependable and good listeners
- Promoter: high-energy, fun, but not disciplined
The key with this section is that you want to match up with someone who balances you out, not the same exact personality type.
3. NON-STARTERS: what are the things that are absolute non-negotiables for you? It’s it smoking [cigarettes], educational attainment or political beliefs? Figure those things out and whittle down your dating pool.
4. ATTRACTION: make sure you’ve got that spark, that special twinkle, that je ne sais quoi. And remember, attraction and being attractive are NOT the same thing.
So that’s the secret to match making—sounds easy enough, right!!? Right, well it certainly is a very helpful start.
All in all the event was great and yours truly even had the chance to model! Bloomingdale’s put on an awesome fashion presentation showing different date outfits ranging from “The After Work Date” to “The Formal Date” to the “Day Date”. I was the all-important “Meet The Parents Date” and wore a Diane Von Furstenberg dress with a white leather top and Tory Burch shoes. I was so impressed with the stylist who picked out a very CASSIDY dress on the first try and it fit like a dream! Even Paul mentioned that men are verrrry attracted to a high hip-to-waist ratio, so this a-line fit totally fit that catergory! I also had my make up done down at the Dior counter and I thought they did a bang up job of making me look polished, fresh and parent-ready!
My big recommendation is to MAKE SURE that you see It’s Complicated when it comes to your town. If not, definitely grab the book! I’m only 60 pages into it and it has already very much shifted my perspective on relationships.
Now without further ado, the full gallery from the event!