I love this time of year! There’s so many fun activities all geared towards enjoying the company with friends and family. Unfortunately all the eating, drinking and being merry can come with a lot of excess calories! This year, I’ve resolved to head into Holiday Party Season and come out the other side without having to take things up a dress size. Here’s how I plan on doing it STARTING TONIGHT!
- Eat before I Meet’n’Greet: I’ll be significantly less interested in the hors d’oeuvres table if I arrive to my events with a healthfully filled tummy. I plan on cooking a protein-filled meal with lots of veggies BEFORE I get there, rather than relying on cheeses, desserts, and other fatty foods to fill me up for dinner.
- Keep It Clear + No BEER: Drinking beer is the fastest way to expand my belly. This year, I’ll be sticking to clear liquors mixed with club soda + lime and wine at the cocktail parties. Although I love them, I’m going to be saying no way to the IPA’s. Wompwomp.
- Work It Out: with all this time off, there’s really NO excuse to start skipping workouts! My plan is to just get up and do at least 30 minutes of physical activity first thing in the morning so I can continue on with my day sans souci!
- Contribute to the cause: If I’m headed into a meal that I’m worried might not have healthy options, I’ll bring my own — PLUS enough to share! That way, I know there’s something healthful and delicious that I can fill up on.
- Stay Social – Interestingly enough, writing and sharing my challenges here on my blog and on social media helps to keep me accountable, so I’ll be posting all about it! If not here, then on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you want a partner in healthy crime, leave a message in the comments and I’ll be sure to help keep you accountable to your goals too! It really takes a village, all!
HEALTHY HOLIDAYS HERE I COME!!!