Announcing: BROWN GIRL BLISS! Saturday October 13th
Those who attended Fall Into Natural this past Sunday were the first to her the exciting announcement of the next event I’m hosting called Brown Girl Bliss! Brown Girl Bliss was inspired by a desire to host an event geared not just towards the natural hair movement and the hairstyles that go along with it, but the entire LIFESTYLE.
In collaboration with Heather of BodaBodaYoga, we created a day-long retreat for women of all multi ethnic backgrounds that will include everything yoga to dance to nutrition to sex to wine and yes, of course, natural hair. The schedule includes interactive presentations and demonstrations with some of the most inspiring brown girls out there including:
- Morning Yoga Flow - Lead by Heather of BodaBodaYoga, this energetic yoga practice designed for newbies and experts alike will leave you invigorated, awake and smiling! No experience required.
- Loving Your Hair With Natural Care – The world-renowned natural hair care workshop lead by celebrity stylist and product expert Felicia Leatherwood
- Feed Your Soul- Don’t just diet, learn to eat for your complete well being in this informative workshop + Q&A session with Diana Rodriguez of Beautiful and Balanced
- Old Sexual Practices Made New- A discussion about trends in sex and sexuality facilitated by Nenna Joiner, owner of Oakland’s premiere adult boutique, FeelMore 510
- Feed Your Soul, a guide to eating not just for a diet, but your entire well-being with Diana Rodriguez of Beautiful and Balanced
- Brown Girl Shimmy Pop- Get ready for what is best described as “a dance party with all your girlfriends” lead by the fabulous instructors of Hipline Dance Studio.
- BrownGirlCouture- fashion shows presented by Sway Boutique styled by Amber Aaron and local designer EVarize
- Wine Time- A guided wine tasting and champagne toast to end the day led by local wine and food connoisseur Stephen Satterfield of San Francisco’s NOPA.
All of this is going down at the fabulous CityLine Event Center right on the Oakland/Emeryville border. Tickets are $50 and all inclusive of the workshops, lunch, snacks and goodie bags! There are a seriously limited amount available, so be sure to buy them early! I really hope you can make it, this is going to be a fabulously blissful event!!