#naturalhair event in our Nation’s Capital NEXT WEEKEND (+ticket giveaway!)
Next weekend I’m shipping off to Washington DC for “Natural is Not a Fad” presented by Koils by Nature. This day-long event will feature workshops including:
- Makeovers and makeup tips by Lamik Beauty
- Education on Environmental Health by Katina the Eco-Green Queen
- Natural Hair & Fashion Show by Jennifer Lord
- Nutritional information provided by Joy Diggs
- Zumba Fitness Party with Sharnia Murray
- annnnnnnnd Blogger Discussion Panel and Q & A Session Jameka of Pretty Natural Divas, Jennifer Lord of Naturally Me Salon and Pamela S. Jenkins of Koils by Nature, AND ME!!!!
In addition, The Guinness World Record owner of the world’s largest natural afro – Miss Aevin Dugas– will be making her exclusive US debut at this event— I totally can’t wait to meet her and see her hair in all of her glory!
I am 100% behind the message of this event—natural hair is NOT a fad and is here to stay. I’ve waxed poetic about this topic before
and believe that natural hair is not about a trend or a hairstyle, but a complete revolution in lifestyle. I’m truly looking forward to spending the weekend with DC naturals and celebrating the lifestyle that IS natural hair.
If you’re in the area and want to get in on the action, here are the deets:
Saturday October 15th
11:00am – 7:00pm
National Harbor Westin Hotel
171 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD
I’ve got 2—TWO—pairs of tickets to giveaway for the event! In order to win make sure to:
I’ll pick two winners at random a week from now (next Tuesday)!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!