As I’ve deepened my knowledge about hair products and ingredients geared towards healthy hair, I’ve also been more curious and educated about skincare products. Enter Shalom Organics, a seasonally-produced, all-natural, handcrafted skincare product line by Monica Fine. I’ve never heard of a product line such as this one before and I’ve been really giving it a good testing for the past couple months and finally had to share it with you all because it’s been absolutely AMAZING. Here’s the skinny.
Monica produces the line twice a year, using fresh, local ingredients selected for their healing and nourishing qualities. When I first sat down to chat with Monica, she was just dashing out the door to go distill conifers and other plants for use in her products, tonics, perfumes, and treatments. Monica received certification as a Master Herbalist and Aromatherapy Practitioner after training with Jeannie Rose, the legendary herbalist.
Shalom Organics was inspired by Monica’s passion for aromatherapy and herbal medicine meaning that these products don’t just work to cleanse or moisturize your skin, but they also improve, heal, and nourish your entire being.
I’ve been using several products on the line including:
- Fruits of Madagascar Exfoliating Cleanser: a tropically refreshing scrub that removes of the daily grime of city life before I hit the sheets
- Canna Have Great Skin Purifying Seaweed Tonic: a herbal spritzed that primes skin for moisturizing
- Canna Have Great Skin Ultimate Repair Serum: one of my favorites of the bunch! Organic hemp seed oil that I apply before bedtime. I wake up with glowing, baby soft, super moisturized skin.
- Tropical Sunblock: all of the protection, none of the harsh chemicals.
- PMS Serum: miserable things happen to my face around a certain time of the month. This alpha-hydroxy laden serum helps keep all of the madness in check.
- Having my face, shoulders and chest swathed in Moor Mud, an ancient, geothermal mud with over 1,000 trace minerals
- Aromatherapy massage using essential oil blends created by Monica herself
- Steaming with Seaweed Cooling Masques and Cucumber Gel Masques
- Extraction. The [slightly painful] process by which all impurities are removed from your skin