Another one for the books ladies and gents!
This past Saturday, a group of Bay Area curlies of all types gathered at Madusalon in San Francisco for an evening of styling demonstations, mingling, cocktails, giveaways, and fun. I was absolutely THRILLED with the event and had a great time chatting with the guests! A few highlights I want to share:
- Jess of Jessicurl surprising Megan of NaturallyCurly.com with a Jessicurl make over in the middle of the event! It turned out *phenomenally*!
- Introducing the word “tenderheaded” to our loc model, Thiago. Apparently there is not an equivalent word in Portuguese and after stopping by his styling chair to check out his loc demonstration, I discovered that Thiago is in fact quite tenderheaded, but being the good sport that he is, he continued on.
- The bantu knots. OH the bantu knots. Stylist Isabel did one of the coolest sets of bantu knots on model Bobbi that I have ever seen. They only took her a couple hours AND she had time to add these really cool pops of color. I will be getting a set of mine own very very soon.
- Seeing Fatimah’s big chop! I’ve featured Fatimah on Natural Selection before as a transitioner and a couple weeks ago she finally did the chop! She looks great and is really happy with her full natural.
- A SoCal presence: a group of ladies drove up to the event from San Diego, which is about an 8 hour drive. They’re part of a meet up group called Showing My Roots who are also putting on the naturals cruise in October. I was so excited to finally meet them!
All in all, a great event! HUGE thanks to NaturallyCurly.com for sending samples and giveaways, I know that a lot of ladies are excited to rock their awesome Curl Power t-shirts and dig into their Curly Cocktails!
Here’s the full gallery! Enjoy!