A friend just sent me this article from Wired about how lasers are being used not to remove hair, but to create a super detailed record of what you’ve been eating! Check out this video:
Ok, so what’s the big take away for YOU? I know, chances are you’re not going to get your hair laser cut to see what you had for breakfast, but I think its important to recognize that everything-EVERYTHING- you put into your body will show up in your hair. Which means that if you want to have healthy hair, you must eat healthily. If your diet is nutrient deficient, your hair will be too. Make sure you stock up on lots of healthy veggies, fruits, grains AND water….you never know when someone might want to laser poke your hair now…
One of my favorite foods to incorporate into my diet is KALE. This big leafy green packs a punch in terms of beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and calcium. The veggie is really versatile and you can eat it alone as a side dish or incorporate it into a pasta, soup, or a salad. But one of my favorite ways to eat Kale is to make kale chips! They’re so easy to make and equally delicious. The perfect way to have a healthy snack! Here’s how:
- Take a bunch of kale and chop off the stems. Chop the leafy tops into 1-2″ pieces. You really don’t have to be precise here.
- Spread into a thin layer on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle about 2 tsp of olive oil top and dust with salt.
- Use your hands to toss lightly to make sure its all covered
- Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp
- Allow to cool
- Eat your heart out!!!