One of the main challenges with finding the perfect moisturizer when you have fine hair is finding one that both gives you the moisture you need, but doesn’t weigh your hair down and make it product-y. It can be tough to be So Fine in a world filled with so many buttery, creamy concoctions that are just too heavy for our delicate strands. I have found that the key is to find products that both pack a lot of slam in the moisture department but are light enough to not leave your head feeling like Slimer did the Dougie on top of it. (Yikes!)
I find that my preferred moisturizers that fall into this category have one thing in common: good ol’ H2O sits at top of their ingredient lists. Another thing that they have in common is that you can physically SEE how lightweight they are. For example, look at the shea butter on the left of this picture, and the two lightweight moisturizers on the right.
See how the shea butter is totally opaque and putty-like, while the two moisturizers are more translucent? That’s what we’re aiming for here.
Now in no particular order, there are three of my fa-vor-rite conditioners for So Fine hair
1. Bee Mine’s Deja’s Hair Milk— This is like the Swiss Army knife of my moisturizer arsenal: I can use it in so many ways! Sometimes I like to use it as a leave in on damp hair beneath a styler, other times I like to use it as a quick daily moisturizing fix on dry hair, and others I just put it in alone, shake my head, and walk out the door! Simple, versatile, moisturizing.
2. Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream— This is the creamiest of the bunch, but to this day I am still amazed at how lightweight it is! From the second you touch this stuff, you can feel that its consistency is light, almost whipped, and airy. It’s got a light, refreshing scent and has great slip. Qhemet also has a little jar of joy for those who have more porous hair and who can handle a bit of a heavier product, called Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. A little goes a hecka long way.
3. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia-— Nectar of the gods INDEED: the stuff inside this black bottle makes my hair feel like cashmere. I love to use it as a leave in; it just glides onto my hair after towel drying and plays very nicely with a wide variety of stylers and styles.
Now lucky ducky for one lucky reader, I’ve got some fantastic news: YOU CAN WIN ALL THREE OF THESE AND TRY THEM ON YOUR SO FINE SELF!! Here’s what you have to do to enter to win:
1. Make sure you’re a subscriber to Natural Selection. (see that little box beneath the logo that says subscribe? Use it!)
2. Write a HAIKU in the comments about your hair. What exactly is a haiku? Its a poem that’s easy (and fun) to write. Three lines. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables, the third line has 5 syllables. Bam. The catch: your haiku must include the words “SO FINE”.
Here’s my example:
Guuuuuuuuurl, look at your hair:
You SO FINE and you know it!
Moisturize me well.
See! Easy as that! I cannot cannot cannot WAIT to see what y’all come up with! Winner will be chosen a week from today, so stay tuned!